[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 spontaneously dies while transmitting

From: Andrew Lutomirski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 spontaneously dies while transmitting
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:38:56 -0400

Hi all-

Occasionally, while transmitting, my USRP2 will die -- that is, it
stops reliably transmitting and then it drops off the network and
doesn't come back until restarted.  Any ideas?  I'm running some
vaguely recent firmware, but I've also seen this problem with the
version from the factory.

(This is one of the beta units, which is supposed to be identical to
the modern version for these purposes.)

Here's what triggered it most recently:

$ tx_samples -i 20 -r -I /data/cal_signal
Failed to enable realtime scheduling
usrp2: failed to enable realtime scheduling
Daughterboard configuration:
  baseband_freq=0.000000
       duc_freq=0.000000
  residual_freq=0.000000
       inverted=no

^C
$ tx_samples -i 20 -r -I /data/cal_signal
Failed to enable realtime scheduling
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  No USRPs found on interface eth0
Aborted

$ tx_samples -i 20 -r -I /data/cal_signal
Failed to enable realtime scheduling
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  No USRPs found on interface eth0
Aborted

Thanks,
Andy