[Discuss-gnuradio] Wideband receiver considerations for USRP2

From: Ulrika Uppman
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Wideband receiver considerations for USRP2
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 10:14:52 +0200

Hi,
I'm thinking about how to receive data in a wider frequency range width the
USRP2, and I stumbled over some questions:

Is it possible to set the decimation rate less than 4? All the documentation I
have found is saying that 4 is the least interpolation/decimation value, but is
there any actual constraints in the hardware that makes it impossible to use a
decimation of 2?

With a decimation rate 2 I understand that I will have to send the data in 8
bit per sample instead of 16 bit per sample over the wire. Has anyone
implemented this functionality for the USRP2, or do the non-implemented parts
have anything to do with the upcoming VRT work?

Regards,
/Ulrika