Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTOS and GNU Radio

From: Jane Chen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTOS and GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 11:09:55 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

Eric, thank you for your reply.
I ran the tunnel.py with the username "useSDR"  in group usrp and added
@usrp  - rtprio 50 in the  /etc/security/limits.conf.   gr.enable_realtime_scheduling() is in the orignial tunnel.py file.

However, I keep get an error as following:

File "tunnel_original.py", line 78, in open_tun_interface
    tun = os.open(tun_device_filename, os.O_RDWR)
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/dev/net/tun'

I think it is because I did not set the authority right on my linux system.

I have tried many ways. I even set "root" in the group usrp.  The RTT of tunnel.py is still about 30 ms.

/etc/group
root:x:0:root,useSDR
usrp:x:501:useSDR,root

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?