Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly generate documentation, and find

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to properly generate documentation, and find the files behind the code?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 17:21:35 -0400

That's perfect. I am a recent mac convert and am not as familiar with the unix as I should be. Thanks for playing around with that for me!

2009/8/13 Josef Vukovic <address@hidden>
Hello Jonathan,

I played a little around with find and grep and did this:

q6fd0:~/gnuradio josefvukovic$ find . -name "optfir.*"
./gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/.svn/prop-base/optfir.py.svn-base
./gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/.svn/text-base/optfir.py.svn-base
./gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/optfir.py

So find found optfir.py then I used grep and did:

6fd0:~/gnuradio josefvukovic$ grep 'low_pass' ./gnuradio-core/src/python/gnuradio/optfir.py
def low_pass (gain, Fs, freq1, freq2, passband_ripple_db, stopband_atten_db,

and grep found the code of the method optfir.low_pass, so I was able to view the entire code with vi.

This is probably not the best way to search for things but it is an approach.
hope this helps.

cu
Josef Vukovic