Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue

From: Colby Boyer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] fundamentals of block-connections, message queue etc.
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:08:53 -0700

Within the BBN RX side, all the processing blocks are stuck together so that data "streams" from each block to the next. In the final block, when a packet is successfully decoded it is loaded in a message queue.  The loading into the message queue is done within the C++ code, not the python.

There is another thread running that will sleep on an empty queue and will not wake up until something is inserted into the queue. When a message enters the queue, the thread wakes up, takes out the message and then prints it out via a call back function.

Check the source code for the message queue to see if there is another function to add a message.

Thanks,
Colby