Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] std_4rx_0tx.rbf, std_0rx_4tx.rbf ?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] std_4rx_0tx.rbf, std_0rx_4tx.rbf ?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 12:35:59 -0700

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 01:38:10PM +0200, perz wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I can sample four antennas with a single USRP1 using std_4rx_0tx.rbf and
> four custom radio receivers connected to basic daugherboars (I tried
> this a long time ago). Is there a way of transmitting on four antennas
> with a single USRP1. In that case I would need a "std_0rx_4tx.rbf" ? Is
> there such an rbf ?
>

> BR/
> Per

With the standard code, no.

It might be possible, but I'm not sure if all the needed pieces would
fit in the FPGA.  The basic approach would be to disable the digital
upconverter in the AD9862 (coarse and fine modulator) so that you
could use the two outputs independently, then implement 4 digital
upconverters in the FPGA.  Host code would also need to setup the
AD9862 in the new mode.  These mods would probably live in
usrp_standard_tx.cc

Eric