Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A basic but critical problem in beginning of pyth

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A basic but critical problem in beginning of python code
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 22:56:09 -0700

run() is a blocking call.
start() is a non-blocking call.

Also, I believe run() will exit when a block returns -1 in its work method. FYI

-Josh

nansai hu wrote:
When run a python script file, as we know main function will be run first.
We send the class to a object "tb",for instance. Then we have two ways to
let the program run.
One is call tb.run() function,and other is call tb.start() function.Could
somebody told me the difference bewteen these?

In my coding experience, use .run() the gui will display if you py file is
modified by a grc file, but if use the .start() function, no gui display
even in same program.