Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] message queue in grc

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] message queue in grc
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:16:36 -0700

In the current master, there is a message source and message sink block in grc. And you can create custom blocks with ports of type "msg" and connect them! However, blocks with both a msg input AND a msg output are currently unsupported.

Also, It should be noted that this functionality will likely be removed when we get PMTs up and running... and PMT based packet encoder/decoders for mac layer and such/

-Josh

Dimitris Symeonidis wrote:
I have noticed that you can't add a message queue to a GRC flowgraph. Why is
that? Is the reason technical, or that no one bothered to write the .xml
file?

And is the message queue going to be deprecated in gnuradio 3.3?

Thank you

Dimitris Symeonidis
"If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a
mosquito!" - Amnesty International