[Discuss-gnuradio] Using SPI on BasicRX

From: E. Ornelas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using SPI on BasicRX
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 11:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hello.
I'm trying to use the SPI interface of a BasicRX.
I made a small test program.
It basically keeps on writing.

There are a few things I need to know:
1 - is this the right way to use the SPI?
2 - is the buffer the hex number passed as a string?
3 - Even though I don't know what to expect with the buffer I used, I at
least expected to see something in the BasicRX SPI pins, which I don't... I
can see some periodic bursts on the clock pin but nothing on the signal.

The code I'm using is the one below:

from gnuradio import gr
from gnuradio import window
from gnuradio import usrp, howto
import wx
import time
from gnuradio import audio

class FlowGraph(gr.top_block):
  def __init__(self):
    gr.top_block.__init__(self)

    decimation = 256
    center_frequency = 10.7e6

    self.u = usrp.source_c(0, decimation, fpga_filename="std_2rxhb_2tx.rbf")
    self.u.set_nchannels(1)
    self.subdev_spec = (0,0)
    self.subdev = usrp.selected_subdev(self.u, self.subdev_spec)
    self.subdev.set_auto_tr(True)
    self.subdev.select_rx_antenna('RX2')
    self.u.tune(0, self.subdev, center_frequency)
    g = self.subdev.gain_range()
    gain = float(g[0]+g[1])/2
    self.subdev.set_gain(gain)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    print "Creating flowgraph..." ,
    tb = TunerFlowGraph()
    print "[DONE]"

    print "Starting flowgraph...",
    tb.start()
    print "[DONE]"

    while(1):
    print "Writing to SPI...",
    usrp.sink_s()._write_spi(0, usrp.SPI_ENABLE_RX_A,
usrp.SPI_FMT_HDR_0|usrp.SPI_FMT_LSB, "@")
    time.sleep(.030)
    print "[DONE]"