Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of making a call

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem of making a call
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 16:25:09 -0700

>     I would like to make a call between two mobile phones using OpenBTS, but
> the call exit after the phone begin to ring, message is show below:
> Could anybody help me with this problem?*

I had the same problem at Burning Man with my phone (a BlackBerry).
Some phones seem able to make voice calls, others suffer some kind of
protocol violation that makes them instantly hang up.

We never succeeded in debugging the problem there.

I suggest trying some other phones -- if you can get one that works,
you can compare the protocol traces to one that fails, and see if you
can figure out why.

        John