[Discuss-gnuradio] USB latency problem

From: Rushikesh Khasgiwale
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USB latency problem
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 15:17:22 -0600

I tried to use the usrp for implementing rfid protocols, however the USB latency is causing a bottleneck and I cannot generate and send the reply packet before the timeout(I need to send the reply within 80-120 us). upon reading Thomas Schimd's paper(http://nesl.ee.ucla.edu/document/show/242), it seems that I may have to do processing on the fpga itself instead of sending data over usb.

Has anyone else faced a similar problem? CTS packets in 802.11 use functionality similar to mine, so maybe those who implemented it can help me.

thanks
-rushikesh