Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.py hehaves abnormally at a certain dec

From: ILKYOUNG KWOUN
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.py hehaves abnormally at a certain decimation rate
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 10:32:51 +0900

Matt,

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I repeated the experiment again with a HP signal generator to find that it happens when the signal level was not quite much low( I don't remember the number.). Since I don't remember the exact level that the simptom appears, I will do the experiment again and let you know the result.
Since I am trying to detect very low level signals with USRP2, this issue is rather critical for me.

By the way, to work it around, I should do either
1) Amplifier input signal before AD Converting. (Put an LNA before RF input port, activate amplifier in the ADC chip, etc)
2) Enhance filters' signal suppression performance (Don't know if I can manage this, though... )

Do I get it right?

Regards,

ILKYOUNG.