[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio in Fedora 10... what did go wrong in my inst

From: Tachwali, Yahia
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio in Fedora 10... what did go wrong in my installation?
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 17:17:23 -0500

Hello Guys,

I have been trying to get the Gnuradio 3.2 installed on Fedora 10 machines and
I guess I am getting close except for some few things I need to fix with your
help.

The problem is : the ./dial_tone.py demo does not work (no tone is heard and
only a random number of 'aU' characters are displayed followed by a hang!
---------------------

Now I believe there are some problems in my installations. I have attached the
whole log of the:
- ./configure --with-boost=$BOOST_PREFIX
- make
- make install

>From what I saw during the building with make, I got the following warnings:

sh: latex: command not found
Problems running latex. Check your installation or look for typos in
_formulas.tex and check _formulas.log!
sh: dvips: command not found
Problems running dvips. Check your installation!

However, I resumed with make install and got also few "libtool: install:
warning: relinking" warnings.

So would anybody help me what went wrong with my installation that did not let
me get the simple dial_tone demo to work?