Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Feeding 12VDC through COAX using DBSRX

From: Patrik Tast
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Feeding 12VDC through COAX using DBSRX
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:35:47 +0300

Hi Matt,

Many thanks for your clarification.

Thanks,
Patrik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Ettus" <address@hidden>
To: "Patrik Tast" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 8:56

Patrik Tast wrote:
Hi All,
At the moment I feed 12 VDC into COAX outside Ettus USRP1 12VDC to power my LNA. I have a DC-Block
at the receiver to prevent voltage back into the DBSRX-LF REV 2.2.
 Connector J100 say Antenna Bias + and GND 500mA @ 6V.
My question is, is it possible to feed 12V to the J100 without damaging the unit(s)?

You can feed 12V into pin 1 of J100, with pin 2 as ground. Don't connect anything to J101. Don't draw more than 200 or 300 mA.

Matt