[Discuss-gnuradio] GPS recording/replay with USRP1 and RFX1200

From: Daniel Hooper
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GPS recording/replay with USRP1 and RFX1200
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:06:59 -0500

I am putting together a production line test system (on a budget) for
a portable GPS device. Looking at my options for a GPS simulator, I'm
getting some very, very high dollar, hits -- totally outside my
budget.

HOWEVER, I do personally own a USRP1, and I was thinking that if I can
buy an RFX1200 to record and replay GPS signals, that would be
sufficient. I don't need anything fancy, just 'is the antenna
connected?' and 'will it obtain lock?' kinds of qualifications.

My question is, has anyone tried this? Does anyone have a good reason
why it wouldn't work?

Thanks,

--
Daniel Hooper