[Discuss-gnuradio] Clear my fundamentals :)

From: Blue Boy
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clear my fundamentals :)
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2009 22:59:33 +0530

Hello Everyone,
           My first post:
    I am a windows kernel programmer by profession.Recently my interest
has grown for SDR gnuradio.I an new to this field so I have newbie
doubts.I would welcome if you just point to some links for my answers.
 1] What is usrp cfile format? complex/float but whats stored in numbers
 like amplitude/intensity/phase difference etc.
 2] Is frequency also stored in the cfile ? or we have to assume
frequency from file name? How to reconstruct complete/sampled signal
from Cfile ?
 3] Any scripts to read from cfile(Until USRP2 stocks are back :) ).I
have tried several old scripts but they  don't run  in latest gnuradio ?
Though i have made my own in GRC using
file-source->throttle->graphical-fft-sink.But i doubt on it as i am newbie.
 4] Can we write non graphical code also in GRC itself.
 5] Can't we use c/c++  instead of python.Its problematic to match even
indentations/tab/spaces.totally newbie to python.

Thanks Everyone...