[Discuss-gnuradio] UDP source : can't receive broadcast UDP packets

From: Richard Clarke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UDP source : can't receive broadcast UDP packets
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 10:58:49 +1300

Hi,

I was hoping that someone with more knowledge of the GNU Radio UDP
source block might be able to explain why it doesn't seem to receive
UDP packets that have been sent with a broadcast destination address?
If the UDP packets are targeted explicitly at the GNU Radio PC's IP
address then there is no problem. However when I broadcast the UDP
packets instead, the GNU Radio UDP source doesn't spit them out into
my flow graph. I know that they are being transmitted correctly by my
source of UDP packets as I can receive them (with broadcast address)
correctly using the standard Python socket module. Any input
appreciated.

Thanks

Regards
Richard