Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time of Arrival Hooks

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Time of Arrival Hooks
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 22:12:30 +0000

Devin,

The metadata is already passed to GNURadio by the USRP2 firmware. Its the gnuradio usrp2 source block that doesn't do anything with this information (metadata has the timestamp for the first sample of each frame)

You can modify the code to provide a second stream, or interleave the data with them somehow by modifying the rx**_fc_handler.h files (primarily) to get access to this timestamp data in C++ blocks or post processing in python (all I've done so far).

Look for the "Fixme: Do something with metadata" line!

I've posted a couple of questions about getting timestamps to this mailing list (I don't need absolute times in my case though so haven't thought about how to sync these timestamps to real times) which some people (Doug, Juha I think) have helped me out on and I'm just summarising their replies here!

I think I've read something about the 3.3 release implementing this but that might have been about the ability to do TDMA

Cheers,

Tim