Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Again! no module named grc!

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Again! no module named grc!
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 15:07:23 -0800

Step 1) Lets avoid issues with multiple versions of gnuradio and stuff like that. Remove **all** gnuradio stuff in /usr with rm -rf. Dont let a single gnuradio directory survive.

Step 2) Run sudo make install from your gnuradio build directory. Take note where the python files get installed.

Step 3) run this in the terminal:

python -c "from gnuradio import grc"

If there is no error, then grc and gnuradio should work. Done!

However, if this program spits out an error, you must set your PYTHONPATH. The python path is a directory that ends in site-package or dist-packages. Mine is /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages

Step 4) Set your python path by adding this line to ~/.bashrc

export PYTHONPATH=/your/pythonpath/here

Step 5) type bash, then run this command again:

python -c "from gnuradio import grc"

it should work!

Tachwali, Yahia wrote:
I know that this problem have been repeated alot in tis maillist but for me,
non of the export statements for python or boost libarary helped in solving the
problem. Indeed, I had this working before but after a restart this problem
showed up again and I am really confused what should I do.

Kind regards,
Yahia Tachwali