Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is RFX900 simultaneous transmit and receive funti

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Is RFX900 simultaneous transmit and receive funtion possible?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:01:03 +0100

subodh chiwate wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I need to implement a RFID reader using GNURadio RFX900.
> I wanted to know urgently that is it possible to use a single
> RFX900 for simultaneously transmitting and receiving.
> I am in a hurry to purchase the stuff so I can receive it before holidays.
> Prompt responses are highly appreciated.

Yes you can. The limitations are :

 - Obviously not on the same antenna port, there is a RX and TX SMA so
you need distinct two antennas (and preferably setup in a way that
doesnt send all the tx power in the rx antenna) or an external duplexer
for your frequency of interest.

 - There is some internal tx -> rx cross talk, it can be dimished by
removing a cap but from my observations, the tx->rx leak from antenna to
antenna is much greater than the internal one.

 - Two distinct frequencies, separated by several Mhz.

    Sylvain