Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the MIMO port for serial comm. to a Virtex

From: Charles Irick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using the MIMO port for serial comm. to a Virtex5 board
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:34:02 -0500

Hello again,
I decided to try and run the mimo_tx.bin (built from SVN rev 11663) as
the s/w firmware and use the Virtex5 board as the "slave USRP2" since
this would require almost no changes to the gnuradio side. I'm using
u2_rev3_ise10.1sp3_r11370.bin as the FPGA bitstream. When I run the
host app ./test_mimo_tx I get the following error and everything
freezes up (cannot ctrl-c, have to reboot the usrp2):
"usrp2::ctor reset_db failed"

Most people seem to be able to fix this with a firmware update because
of some new process in libusrp2 with initialization. If this is the
case then it must be something in mimo_tx.c that needs to be updated.
Either that or the host app. Any ideas?

Might be important: I'm not sure what type of modifications to mb-gcc
are imperative for building firmware for the aeMB, but I'm using the
standard version that comes with ISE for the vanilla microblaze as I
didn't want to mess up the toolchain for standard development.

Charles