[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: BBN 802.11 code: long preamble only?

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: BBN 802.11 code: long preamble only?
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 23:35:48 -0500

I also think that the decoder is improperly looking for synchronization...

According to the 802.11 spec, the long preamble uses an SFD that is 0xF3A0, and the short is 0x05CF (verified by a quick google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&hs=zoI&q=802.11+0xF3A0+0x05cf&aq=f&oq=&aqi=)

The definition of SFD and RSFD seem to be backwards:
https://www.cgran.org/browser/projects/bbn_80211/trunk/src/bbn/bbn_plcp80211_bb.h#L41

For those a little unfamiliar with the preamble, RFSD = reverse SFD, as the 802.11 spec states that the short preamble uses the reverse of the SFD... but these defines seem to be backwards.

Still trying to get the decoder to pickup a short preamble though...

- George