Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on OSX 10.6

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building on OSX 10.6
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:55:10 -0500

On Dec 4, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Ed Criscuolo wrote:
I've decided to take this approach for now.  I've cloned the latest
git master, but I'm a total beginner at git.  Where's the best place
to insert the "-arch i386" into CFLAGS to force a 32-bit build?  Is
it as simple as

./bootstrap
./configure
"make CFLAGS="-arch i386"
make check
sudo make install

or does it need to go in as a switch to "configure"?

Into configure, or before then; after bootstrap & before make. You can just

export CFLAGS="-arch i386"

and so forth, then run 'configure' & it'll pick up your shell environment. I don't think you can easily change the build environment directing from 'make'. I haven't tried this approach, but I see no reason it won't work. Do let me/the list know, and good luck! - MLD