Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] synchronizing two USRP2

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] synchronizing two USRP2
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 23:48:56 +0000

Cheers for that Christoph, beats my post processing with timestamps fix!

For what its worth I've gotten away with fairly cheap TCXO's (£15 generic farnell ones) and a GPSDO circuit like the one at http://ve2zaz.net/GPS_Std/GPS_Std.htm (it did need some manual tuning at first as the oscillators werent within the frequency locking range from a cold start) - you do get what you pay for with (double) ovenized CXO's ones though. You tend to find them on the commericial boards (theres a mailing list post somewhere linking to a few options)

Tim

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 7:16 AM, Christoph Thein <address@hidden> wrote:

> I understand that this can be done, by an external clock (GPS diciplined
> OCXO), with the 10Mhz and 1PPS inputs.
> is there any way I can tell the two usrp2's to start together, instead of
> using the timestamps to synchronize them?

Hi,

There is a start streaming at command
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-06/msg00260.html)
which can be used to receive synchronously.

 Cheers,

Christoph