[Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM tranceiver not responding as intended on USRP2

From: pradeep
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM tranceiver not responding as intended on USRP2
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 13:49:40 -0500

Hi All,

I am implementing a OFDM tranceiver. I am following the benchmark.py and tunnel.py for achieving it. I am facing the following problems while performing receive--> transmit--> receive:

1.It receives on the startup of the code.
2.It transmits and then it does not receive at all.

I have tried:

1. Creating separate thread for send the packet. I am using the queues to accumulate the data to be sent and then the queued data is transmitted by the send packet thread. This thread will inturn call _pkt_input.msgq().insert_tail(msg) in the ofdm_mod class to send the data on the msgq. Even this did not solve my problem 2. Debugging the code by using logs. This clearly shows that, once it transmits it does not receive at all. If it does not transmit even once then it can receive the data. 3. I have used file sinks just after the usrp2_source. The size of the file indicates that it is receiving the data even after transmission. But for some reason it is not being demodulated. Does this transmission change the receiving parameters?

Can someone please help me to figure out whats going on?

*
Thanks and Regards,
Pradeep Nagaraju*