[Discuss-gnuradio] Bitrate doubt

From: amarnath alapati
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bitrate doubt
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:42:09 +0530

hi folks,
         I am using BENCHMARK_TX.PY, BENCHMARK_RX.PY to test the transmission and reception of signals. I have doubts regarding the outpu that is appearing on the screen.

>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, htons(0xBEEF)): Operation not permitted
eth0: socket: No such file or directory
Requested RX Bitrate: 100k
Actual Bitrate: 125k
Warning: Failed to enable realtime scheduling.

1) What is the SOCKET part in the output
2) What is the difference between Actual Bitrate and Requested Bitrate
3)How to enable real time scheduling
4)I am always loosing the last 5-10 packets during the reception. What is the reason behind this loss. ( I tried varying packet size , bitrate also. But no use)

Thanks,
Amarnath