[Discuss-gnuradio] permission to access /usr/local

From: Milo Wong
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] permission to access /usr/local
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 19:12:36 -0800

Hi all,

I use "sudo make install" to setup the gnuradio in ubuntu9.10. The problem is that I have to use "sudo" every time to run an application(./benchmark_tx.py). Without running as a super user, I will receive the error msg like could not load the firmware to FPGA through USB, permission denied. I searched previous threads that it was recommended to use "chmod g+s" under /usr/local/share to get the permission to write this directory. However, I was wondering if there is any other way to run applications with USRP without stating as "sudo" everytime? Thank you!

Best,

Milo