Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2-No USRPs found on interface eth0

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2-No USRPs found on interface eth0
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 20:59:54 +0000

Immediately above "Traceback (most recent call last):" in the command window is there any error?

The most common I get are:

address@hidden:~$ usrp2_fft.py
eth0: SIOCGIFINDEX: No such device

or

address@hidden:~$ usrp2_fft.py -e eth1
socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, htons(0xBEEF)): Operation not permitted
eth1: socket: No such file or directory

----

In the former case for some reason my ubuntu install randomly changed eth0 to eth1 , run ifconfig and try:

usrp2_fft.py -e ethX

where X is the number listed in `ifconfig | grep eth`

If you get the second error for some reason usrp2_socket_opener has lost permissions (or you've been running as root when it worked in the past)

sudo chmod +s /usr/bin/usrp2_socket_opener

Should fix this problem.

Last idea is if you've tried the VRT firmware/gnuradio code on the other PC -- the control packets have changed in this release so wont work with stock git/packaged gnuradio versions.

Cheers,

Tim