RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to tune Tx or Rx with XCVR2450 on USRP2

From: Ian Holland
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to tune Tx or Rx with XCVR2450 on USRP2
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 11:26:23 +1030

Hi Josh

I am now in a position to summarise what I have observed.

 - 1 of our 2 XCVR2450s works with both of our USRP2s.
 - The other XCVR2450 works with only one of our USRP2s (i.e., it fails
to lock over the full high band and low band on the second USRP2).

Do you have any idea what might be wrong? Has such behaviour ever been
previously observed? Also, can you please comment as to whether it is
likely that the other XCVR2450 will keep working with at least one
USRP2?

Cheers

Ian.

>Hi again Josh

>Since my below post this morning, the 2nd XCVR2450 card that had
repeatedly >failed this morning, is now working with the other USRP2,
though still >unable to tune reliably near band edges.

>I will probably try swapping the XCVR2450/USRP2 combination and see
whether >somehow one XCVR2450 has an affinity for one particular USRP2,
and won't >work on the other, but I can't really understand why that
should be the >case. Can you think of what might cause such a behaviour?

>For now, I was just glad that I could successfully transmit a 5 GHz
signal >from one USRP2's antenna and display the correct spectrum on the
receiving >USRP2.

>Best Regards

>Ian.

>Is it failing to lock at all different frequencies? and in the high
band
>and low band ranges? Do you have more than one XCVR board with this
>problem?

>It could be possible that for this board, and the frequencies you have
>chosen, the N divider value teeters on the border or locking/not
>locking. You may want to modify the usrp2 firmware code and build
custom
>image. The file to modify is
>http://gnuradio.org/redmine/repositories/entry/gnuradio/usrp2/firmware/
lib/>db_xcvr2450.c