Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Straight from USRP to Wave File

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Straight from USRP to Wave File
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 19:44:48 -0800

On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 03:39:34PM -0700, Jon Paul Lundquist wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wish to have a USRP source receiving at 54.1Mhz sent straight to a
> stereo wave file sink with no demodulation or any other
> manipulation.  Side A of the USRP would record to the left channel
> and side B to right.  I'd like to record at 192khz 24bit if possible
> (and no this isn't for a listening application that would just be
> silly).  Let's just say I'm not a crack programmer and the
> documentation for this things are scattered in the wind across the
> internet.  This is probably one of the simplest programs you can
> write for gnuradio but I need some help.
>
> Thanks!

To get that signal in, it will need to be downconverted in the FPGA.
Is your input a quadrature signal (i.e., two inputs: I & Q), or is it
two (unrelated) real signals?  Which daughterboard are you planning on
using?

Take a look at usrp_rx_cfile.py for the basic framework for a single
channel (or quadrature signal).  If the two inputs are independent,
gnuradio-examples/python/multi-antenna/multi_file.py may provide a
better starting point.  You'll want to use a gr.wavefile_sink to write
the wavefile.

  http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/classgr__wavfile__sink.html

Eric