Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modifying how-to-write-a-block 3.2.2

From: Tom Gross
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] modifying how-to-write-a-block 3.2.2
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 20:04:24 -0500

Hi Affan,

Why kind of problems have you been having?  I did quite a bit of
productive work with version 3.2.2 simply by creating a new set of
"how_to" routines in addition to the examples.

Are you having compile problems?  Run-time problems?  I remember
having lots of run-time difficulties because I think the how-to gets
put into /usr/local/lib by default and the usual gnuradio-3.2.2 stuff
goes into /usr/lib (or vice versa, I forget) and you need to make sure
both the regular stuff and the how-to stuff is configured with the
--prefix=/usr option.

-Tom