[Discuss-gnuradio] Lost packet problem

From: abbasi9999
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Lost packet problem
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:25:42 -0800 (PST)

I'm facing a problem, when the packet is lost in the channel.

I've tried to create my own program with multiple ACKs between transmitter
and receiver (both of them works as transceiver) to retransmit the lost
packets. However i faced some problems:

1. the CRC32 cannot recognize the error packets (missed packets, larger
packets and smaller packets cannot be recognized).
2. It seems that the (PN) access code cannot work probably. how can i know
whether it works probably or not (its purpose is for synchronization, but
how can i check it)?

The receiver will send LOST-ACK with the indexes of the lost packets (which
identified by the CRC32, when there is error in the payload).

did any body tried to solve the lost packet problem before, if yes can you
give me some tips?

Is it possible in GNU radio to use some lower complexity protocol than tcp,
for the error packet correction?
what kind of build-in protocol ?

regards,