RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronous data aquisition using multiple USRP2 b

From: MarcW
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Syncronous data aquisition using multiple USRP2 boards
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 02:37:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ulrika,
In my example the top sine wave in the 10MHz clock reference and the lower 3
plots are from the debug clock pins on different USRP2 boards all using this
clock reference. All boards are started at approximately the same time and
all 4 signals undergo no drift with respect to each other but have a clear
fixed phase offset which can be up to half a clock cycle.
The only modification I made is config_mimo(MC_LOCK_TO_SMA) and
clocks_enable_test_clk(true,10) which is done in txrx.bin. The 10 refers to
the divide by 10 of the clock.
We get no jitter at the clock edges though. Are your probes good for the
frequency?
What cables do you use to connect your reference clock? We are currently
using quite long BNC's so I think my next step is to try to reduce this by
using much shorter SMA's.

Best regards,
Marc.