RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Timestamp value

From: Ulrika Uppman
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Timestamp value
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:53:53 +0100

 I have now finally managed to get the vrt code, the problem was that I got the
wrong address... Sorry :P

So lets get back to the main issue:

I now ran the vrt version and when I take the difference in ticks between the
packets and divide by the decimation rate, the result is always 365. Seems more
reasonable than the results by the other versions, but I would still expect the
value to be 371 since samples_per_frame is set by default to this value in
rx_samples. Where does the value 365 come from?

This also brings me back to the question on the 3.2 stable release which is the
version of gnuradio that I am currently using. In 3.2 the timestamps don't
behave like the time ticks (fractional time part) in the vrt version. (The
behavior in version 3.2 is described earlier in this thread
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2010-02/msg00343.html ) What
is the difference else than the size (32 vs 64 bits)?

What else could I do wrong to get such different behavior?
I use the firmware and fpga image from
http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/ and
http://www.ettus.com/usrp2_vrt for the two versions, and the code is not
touched except from the printouts.

Thanks for any hints.
Regards,
Ulrika

00277.html I managed to understand how to get the right version of > the code,
but I still have some issues with git: