Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] For the problem related to the different amplitud

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] For the problem related to the different amplitudes of 2 Tx RFX2400 transmited signals
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:20:49 -0500

On 02/23/2010 08:46 PM, joon kim wrote:
Hello,

I have an issue with the amplitudes of two transmitted signals. I was trying to implement 2 TX and 1 RX(MISO) and I found the problem that these two RFX 2400 daughter boards that I am using as transmitters gave me noticeably different amplitudes of the tranmistted signals. I changed my motherboard(At school, there are at least 3 USRP), but it had an exact same problem. Even, when I implemented 1 TX and 1RX(SISO), the amplitude of transmitted signal from each RFX 2400 was not the same. My amplitude value in my python code was exactly same BTW. Does everyone has the same issue? Is there anything that I can do for this problem other than approximately adjusting my amplitude value in my python code?  Please tell me if you or anyone has the answer.

Thank you,

Joon Kim

It's not unusual for analog gain chains to have small gain variations in them.  Just a fact of
  life.

--
Principal Investigator
Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium