Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed to load firmware

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] failed to load firmware
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 10:20:57 -0800

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 10:16, Yan Nie <address@hidden> wrote:

> I got a problem on opening usrp, but this program and the usrp worked well
> before. The error message is as below:

> write_internal_ram failed: error sending control message: Protocol error
> usrp: failed to load firmware /usr/local/share/usrp/rev2/std.ihx.

The most common reason I've seen for this is using USB 1.1 instead of
2.0.  The USRP will enumerate on the bus, but fail later when the host
software tries to open an actual high speed endpoint.  A flaky or
non-spec cable can also cause the 2.0 negotiation to fail and fallback
to 1.1, with the same result.

Johnathan