[Discuss-gnuradio] rx_timed_samples.cc doesn't stop streaming of samples

From: ValentinG
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] rx_timed_samples.cc doesn't stop streaming of samples
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:47:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

1) I've just installed the usrp2_vrt branch and tried running
rx_timed_samples.cc. No matter what number of samples i specify in the
options, the program just keeps running and printing out the timestamps...
Even after i press Ctrl+C the computer still continues to receive data
through the ethernet port implying that the u2->stop_rx_streaming doesn't
get called. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

2) Could anyone please clarify what nitems means in the following line of
the handler in rx_timed_samples.cc:
    operator()(const uint32_t *items, size_t nitems, const
vrt::expanded_header *vrt_header)
As far as I can see from the code, d_num_samples gets incremented by nitems
every time rx_samples is called and then is comparared whith d_max_samples
implying that nitems is the number of samples received. But nitems is always
365,hence d_num_samples gets incremented in step of 365, therefore is it
correct that one can receive only a number of samples which is a multiple of
365? Hence what's the point in specifying 1000 as a number of samples to
receive?

Thanks
Valentin