Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboard

From: Tim Pozar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboard
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 17:25:11 -0800

There are two things that tend to get conflated here.  One is the
ability to market and sell products like the USRP and the other is the
ability to operate it.

Items that radiate and are marketed and sold in the US, typically are
subject to certification.  Test equipment is subject to certification.
Test equipment is tested with dummy loads in the expectation that it
will be used in a lab environment.  It is not expected that the user
will intentionally and willfully radiate beyond Part 15 levels by
putting an antenna on it.

Tim