Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "sudo make install" in Ubuntu 9.10

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error during "sudo make install" in Ubuntu 9.10
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:32:24 -0400

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 11:21, S.M. Hasan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Any idea about the following error ? I got this during the "sudo make
> install". I am using ubuntu 9.10 and gnuradio from the tar ball.  Any help
> would be appreciated. Thanks.

> '/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr'
> libtool: install: error: cannot install `_gnuradio_swig_py_filter.la' to a
> directory not ending in /usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr
> make[6]: *** [install-gnuradio_swig_py_filter_pylibLTLIBRARIES] Error 1
> make[6]: Leaving directory

This is usually the case if you had previously run configure with a
particular --prefix= command-line variable (or the default), compiled,
then reran configure with a different --prefix= variable.  You need to
do:

$ make distclean

...in order to remove all the generated files from the previous build,
then start over at the ./configure stage.  (Even if the above reason
isn't why you see this error, the make distclean should fix it.)

Johnathan