Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 problem

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 problem
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:47:20 -0700

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 02:46:10PM -0400, Arvind Prasanna wrote:
> Hello all,

> I am facing an issue with an USRP2 with a RFX2400 daughterboard. I
> have observed that when the USRP2 is used for
> transmission/reception, it transmits/receives the first few packets
> successfully and then just dies. When this happens, its transmitted
> packets are not received by other USRP2's and it itself cannot
> receive packets anymore. The other USRP2s' run my program
> successfully. I have checked the flow control settings and they are
> ok.

Just to be certain, "OK" should look like this:

  $ ethtool -a eth1
  Pause parameters for eth1:
  Autonegotiate:  on
  RX:             on
  TX:             off

> If the USRP2 is rebooted, the same cycle repeats. However,
> find_usrps and usrp2_fft.py work fine. This problem is impeding
> progress in my work.

> Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Is there a switch between the USRP2 and the host?  If so, remove it.

>From more clues, try connecting a TTL level serial interface to the
appropriate pins on the USRP2 motherboard, setting it to 230400 8N1
and looking at the output.

Sparkfun sells these.  For a turnkey solution, order:

  BOB-00198  "Breakout Board for CP2102 USB to Serial"
  PRT-09140  "Jumper wires Premium 6" M/F Pack of 10"

Eric