[Discuss-gnuradio] Error when trying to run two python programs simultan

From: drcabrejos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when trying to run two python programs simultaneously
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:46:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I have 2 (two) USRP1 and 2 (two) RFX2400 connected to each USRP1.

What I want to do is to have communication between the devices and scan for
the spectrum simultaneously.

If running programs one by one, all works great.
Running both at the same time, gives me an error saying that the USB port is
already being used.

Running: uses RFX2400 on port A
/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/digital/tunnel.py --freq 2.422G

Trying to start: uses RFX2400 on port B
/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/usrp/usrp_spectrum_sense.py -R B 2.4095G
2.4625G

Error after trying to start usrp_spectrum_sense.py:

/usr/share/gnuradio/examples/usrp$ sudo ./usrp_spectrum_sense.py -R B
2.4095G 2.4625G

usrp_open_interface:usb_claim_interface: failed interface 2
could not claim interface 2: Device or resource busy
usrp_basic_rx: can't open rx interface
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 344, in <module>
    tb = my_top_block()
  File "./usrp_spectrum_sense.py", line 169, in __init__
    fusb_nblocks=options.fusb_nblocks)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/usrp/usrp_swig.py", line
1646, in source_c
    return _usrp_swig.source_c(*args, **kwargs)
RuntimeError: can't open usrp

>From my understanding, it cannot start since top_block is already being used
by tunnel.py.

Is there a way I can run both programs simultaneously? Thus the reason of
why I have 2 (two) RFX2400 on each USRP1.

Any ideas on a workaround if that is not possible?

Tried merging the programs into one but was not successful in doing so. I
have modified both of the files a little for my own convenience, so files
are also posted over here.

http://old.nabble.com/file/p27958715/tunnel.py tunnel.py
http://old.nabble.com/file/p27958715/usrp_spectrum_sense.py
usrp_spectrum_sense.py