Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] “usrp_am_mw_rcv.py”

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] “usrp_am_mw_rcv.py”
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:48:01 +0200

On 29 March 2010 11:53, srujan kumar <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello every one,
>
> I am srujan and pursuing MS. I took this course “GNU Radio” and first I
> tried to install it on my laptop on vista it didn’t install did try so many
> times and finally I came to know that one of lab systems has it on fedora
> and Iam doing experiments on it I studied the sound examples, and Iam in
> USRP examples right now, can u please tell me why the ‘MW’ is in the file
> name “usrp_am_mw_rcv.py” what does it mean I thought the ‘am’ is for
> amplitude modulation ‘rcv’ is receiver and in the code why we use a
> ‘WFM’block for amplitude modulation? Or if I am entirely wrong can you
> please explain me….

MW could mean medium waves, though the script is not limited to that
band since you can set any frequency using the -f option.

As for the WFM block, it sounds like somebody has modified the script
on that computer because usrp_am_mw_rcv.py in the GNU Radio code
repository uses gr.complex_to_mag() as AM demodulator. You can get a
copy of the original script here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/repositories/browse/gnuradio/gnuradio-examples/python/usrp

Alex