Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio

From: Nikhil Adnani
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:59:31 -0400

If we had an fpga image that allowed us to store samples on the USRP2 that would be very benefitial, at least for me. Then one could test algorithms with 100MHz sample-rate. Yes, it would not be possible to use the channel continously. Receiving 1ms of samples would take 4ms to upload. However, using the time-stamp functionality one can synchronize nodes to transmit and receive at the same time and thereby enable testing e.g. interference rejection algorithms.

We have an FPGA-based platform for channel sounding and signal reception at 100MHz with requirements similar to the one you've described. We're willing to release the code (FPGA and host-side) if there's interest in porting it over to the USRP hardware and the gnuradio project.

As a sidenote, we are also in the process of implementing a gnuradio API anticipated to be working in the next month or so. We'll be making it public in the next couple of weeks and would appreciate input.

------
Nikhil
.:..thinkRF