Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes.band_pass

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr.firdes.band_pass
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 03:37:19 -0500

On Apr 3, 2010, at 11:56 PM, "Marcus D. Leech" <address@hidden> wrote:

Does firdes.band_pass *always* produce a working filter?

Yes, as long as the parameters are in order. If the filter is too long, you might have a problem, but this is just a guess to cover my blatant "yes." By too long, I mean huge and nothing I've run into.

I assume that it uses the Remez exchange algorithm to do its work. What
happens if you ask for
 for a filter that can't be realized?

Gr.firdes uses the windowed filter approach. You use blks2.optfir for the Remez-based equiripple filters. Then, you'll be subjected to all of those restrictions, but it should throw an exception if the Remez can't converge.

Tom