Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 source and receiving samples question

From: Charles Irick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 source and receiving samples question
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:41:06 -0400

Hi,
I made a lower level c++ implementation using the code from
rx_streaming_samples.cc in /usrp2/host/apps and manually put in a tx
before the receive portion and it works fine. It seems the issue is
related to noutput_items in my gr- module. As I stated above it uses
8162 for noutput_items for whatever reason and this is what is used to
define the maximum number of samples for the rx_nop_handler. The
reason the c++ one works is because the rx_nop_handler is created with
an nsamples value that is expected which lets has_finished_p() be
triggered. If I manually put in 8162 into the rx_nop_handler in the
c++ implementation I get the "never ending can't even control-c have
to sudo kill the process" behavior as I was in the python
implementation. I'm not adept at the GNU Radio scheduler or this SWIG
stuff, so if anyone could give me some idea of how the number of
output items is determined or why my module is saying it needs 8162 I
would appreciate it.

Charles