[Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T 8MHz feasibility of TVRX

From: Xulián González
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DVB-T 8MHz feasibility of TVRX
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 10:26:16 +0200

Hello,
My name is Xulián González, from Spain. We are planning a  spectrum sensing
device, but the project is still in the first  steps. My task now is looking
for the state of the art in this field and your initiative of GNU Radio is very
interesting.
We are considering the use of Usurp with a daugtherboard TVRX, but  (as it was
discussed in   http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg05833.html  it
would have a degradation within bounds of 8 MHz). I think it would  be enough
if the tuner module would be changed by other that fit the  specifications.
Does anybody try this before? Besides the proper compatibility of the tuner pin
operation, is there any other  impairment I should take on account with this
architecture? I am a beginner so I ask all of you for some advice about this
concept.
Thank you!!
Xulián