Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rx_voice and tx_voice help

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rx_voice and tx_voice help
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 17:27:43 +0200

2010/4/11  <address@hidden>:
> Hello..
>     We trying to run rx_voice and tx_voice python codes. It worked for
> the first time we could listen voice from the receiver side. But when
> we stop the code and  try it again but this time an error occured
> about audio_alsa_sink and code didn't run. We tried this a few times
> and see that to run the code properly we should close the terminal
> and open a new terminal and also shut down the usrp and open it
> again.After these code could run again.What can be the reason of this
> and what should we do?
> I'm copying the error:
>
> audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: Device or resource busy
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "rx_voice.py", line 133, in <module>
>    main()
>  File "rx_voice.py", line 123, in main
>    tb = my_top_block(demods[options.modulation], rx_callback, options)
>  File "rx_voice.py", line 65, in __init__
>    self.audio_tx = audio_tx(options.audio_output)
>  File "rx_voice.py", line 54, in __init__
>    audio_sink = audio.sink(8000, audio_output_dev)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/gnuradio/audio_alsa.py", line
> 299, in sink
>    return _audio_alsa.sink(*args, **kwargs)
> RuntimeError: audio_alsa_sink

Hi,

You can see which applications/daemons use the sound devices with

lsof  /dev/snd/pcmC*

(pulseaudio should be okay)
I have seen this error many times when using flashplayer before
running a GNU Radio script, but I have never seen it on two executions
of the same GNU Radio script. Maybe you terminate your script
abnormally and the device is not closed?

Alex