[Discuss-gnuradio] Gr-trellis ; convolutional code and, convolutionnal i

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gr-trellis ; convolutional code and, convolutionnal interleaver.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:58:51 -0400

Axel,

First, there is no such thing in gr-trellis as a "convolutional interleaver". There is only a generic interleaver, ie a permutation
which is defined through the different constructors provided in
interleaver.h (through a file, random, etc).
If you do not want to have super control over it i suggest you start with just a random interleaver and see how it works.

Second, I see a minor problem in your code:
the viterbi block should specify the block size as its 2nd parameter
so instead of

self.va = trellis.viterbi_s(f,2,0,-1)

you should put something like

self.va = trellis.viterbi_s(f,len(self.src_data),0,-1)

I tried this modification and works fine with me.
Let me know if you have any problems,
Achilleas