[Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK Modulator and Demodulator

From: David Barton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] DPSK Modulator and Demodulator
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am having trouble the the DBPSK mod and demod blocks. My flow graph is:
file source -> DBPSKmod -> DBPSKdemod -> file sink

The file source is a 2 byte text file set to not repeat
The default parameters were used for the DBPSKmod and demod blocks (including 2 Samples/Symbol)
When I run the graph the output text file becomes 13 bytes long and they are almost all zeros. I am not sure how it gets to be that length.

I tried connecting the ouput of the DBPSKmod directly to the file sink and the file size was 256 bytes. This matched my expectations based on:
2bytes input file * 8bits/byte  *  1Symbol/bit  *  2 complex samples/Symbol* 8bytes /complex sample = 256 byte output file.

If anyone knows why the output file of the whole graph would be 13 bytes  or if I am missing something please let me know.

Thanks,
Dave