Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about tunnel.py

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] about tunnel.py
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 09:55:57 -0400

2010/4/26 lishan_wh <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
>   I want to use tunnel.py to make a usrp with two daughter boards work as
> two pieces of wireless cards. The first time I run tunnel.py, it works well,
> and generate gr0. But when I run tunnel.py for the second time (in another
> terminal) to configure the other daughter board, it turned out error "Unable
> to find usrp1".
>   Is it possible to generate two wireless cards with only one usrp with two
> doughter boards instead of with two usrps? If it is, what should I do?

No. At least not with the current implementation. The first run of
tunnel.py opens up the usrp connection and any subsequent instances
will fail since the usrp is already in use. The daughterboards are
configured through the usrp interface, so you can't manipulate them
independently from different programs.

  Thomas